The United States Department of Labor reported that BSN-educated RNs in Oregon earned $82,940 annually in 2014. Meanwhile, the following MSN-educated nurses were among the top 30 highest paid professionals in the state:
- Nurse anesthetists: $162,500
- Nurse midwives: $113,480
- Nurse practitioners: $111,160
Salaries for MSN-educated nurses were not just noteworthy in the state, but also captured national attention. In fact, as of 2014:
- Oregon was the fourth highest paying state for nurse midwives in the country. Nurse midwives employed here at that time earned an average annual salary of $113,480.
- Oregon was also the fourth highest paying state for nurse practitioners in the country. Nurse practitioners working here in that year received an average annual salary of $111,160.
- The Coastal Oregon nonmetropolitan district was the second highest paying nonmetropolitan area for nurse practitioners in the country. This region awarded nurse practitioners here an average annual salary of $123,140.
How Experience Contributes to Earning Potential for Oregon’s MSN-Educated Nurses
According to the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, the healthcare community will always demand more highly qualified nurses to keep up-to-date with constant changes in medical innovations and technological progressions. As a result, MSN-educated nurses that continue gaining new experience throughout their careers will prove invaluable to employers.
In 2014, the United States Department of Labor published the following pay statistics to show the enormous role that experience plays in determining salaries for MSN-educated nurses in Oregon:
Nursing Instructors and Teachers
- Entry-level: $51,200
- Mid-career: $82,100
- Experienced: $115,000
- Entry-level: $100,500
- Mid-career: $166,600
- Experienced: $187,200+
- Entry-level: $84,200
- Mid-career: $113,100
- Experienced: $150,900
- Entry-level: $81,700
- Mid-career: $108,900
- Experienced: $147,300
An Analysis of Nurse Anesthetist Salaries in Oregon
In 2014 the United States Department of Labor concluded that nurse anesthetists working in the Portland-Vancouver-Hillsboro metropolitan district were paid $155,610 annually. Yet, those employed in the Coastal Oregon nonmetropolitan region took home a slightly lower salary of $150,660 annually:
An Analysis of Nurse Practitioner Salaries in Oregon
Major cities in Oregon not only provide plentiful job opportunities, but also offer some of the highest nurse practitioner salaries in the state. In 2014, the United States Department of Labor found that nurse practitioners working in Salem, Medford, and Corvallis all took home average annual salaries over $108,000. A more detailed breakdown of salary findings in these cities and other key locations in Oregon are shown below:
*These salaries are equal to or greater than $90 an hour or $187,199 a year. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics does not report salary data higher than these values.